Grain Control Specialist - Toronto, ON
BroadGrain Commodities Inc. (“BroadGrain”) is a fast-growing global company trading and transporting grains, cereals, oilseeds, corn and by-products. We use our expertise and experience in logistics, sourcing and distribution to connect our customers to global markets while providing excellence in customer service. Today, BroadGrain enjoys over $650 million in annual revenue and handles over one million tonnes of grain each year in our international and domestic businesses.
The Supply Chain Management department is looking for a highly-motivated, self-starter to help ensure that all inventories, purchases, sales and expenses are properly tracked, analysed and reconciled in our system. This individual will gain a detailed understanding of the entire supply chain and a deep appreciation of the importance of controls in this fast-paced, dynamic environment. The candidate will need to be prepared to develop the role as it continues to expand and encompass responsibilities related to our offices in China, Nigeria and Western Canada. This role is within BroadGrain’s Food Division, and will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager in the company’s head office in Toronto.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Solely responsible for maintaining the data integrity of the Food Division sales, purchases and inventory movements for offices in Canada, Nigeria and China.
· Develops and maintains a Standard of Practice for the role as it continues to expand; constantly working with the Supply Chain Manager to propose new methods of completing required tasks.
· Liaise with Saskatchewan, Chinese and Nigerian offices to ensure inventory movements are up-to-date, contracts are priced correctly and information is received and filed accordingly for future audit purposes.
· Inspects and verifies outturns/bills of lading received by fax/email from third parties noting commodity, destination, and weight of shipments. Entering and controlling inventory movements in the system while keenly understand how each movement affects the execution of the rest of the business (i.e. accounting, hedge desk, traders, procurement and logistics etc.).
· Entering all purchase and sales contracts into the system per direction from trade group. Distributing contracts to external vendors as well as internal functional groups.
· Settles purchase and sales contracts in a timely manner, with close attention to details such as conversion factors, discount schedules, transportation mode, deductions, additions and applicable services charges.
· Enter expenses related to inventory movement into the system. Verify costs against related order logs created by logistics coordinators. Check ticket numbers for invoice matching. Bring up issues and report on discrepancies.
· Interacts and communicates effectively with traders with regard to any contract ‘overages’ and obtains direction as how to proceed with contract settlements in a timely manner.
· Communicates with farmers and processing plants on their requests for information and/or resolution on reported discrepancies on payments.
· Investigate inventory transactions and takes actions to solve discrepancies.
Key qualifications would include:
· Knowledge of Supply Chain Management an asset
· Ability to meet changing priorities in a fast-paced environment , multi-task and meet deadlines
· Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, external suppliers, and customers in a professional, objective manner
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
· Creative problem solver with experience in process analysis
· Strong analytical skills
· Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Post-secondary education or related certificate program
If you are interested in working for a growing company, we would love to hear from you! Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
BroadGrain welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.