Specialty Crop Advisor - Stratford, ON
As a member of BroadGrain’s Procurement team located in the Stratford Office, you will effectively work with producers to partner them with BroadGrain for growing food grade crops for BroadGrain. You will achieve volume, growth and contribute to profitability. The perfect candidate will build and maintain strong relationships with the business and ensure the delivery of high quality and timely service to BroadGrain.
Reporting directly to the commodity merchant, the successful candidate will fill the follows roles in the organization:
Main tasks will include:
• Sign growers up to production contracts for BroadGrain for edible dry beans and non gmo IP soybeans
• Be a subject matter expert on the agronomics of these crops and the fit for various land types and individual famers
• Develop relationships with the rest of the procurement team to ensure customers’ full marketing needs are being covered
• Provide ongoing market information and feedback to traders and the grain merchandising group for the purpose of developing effective procurement plans
Other duties to include:
• Works to establish BroadGrain as the first choice in value-added grain marketing
• Organizes and plans group and individual grain marketing educational programs; this includes preparing and delivering presentations
• Provide customer service and act as one of the primary points of contact for customers
• Assist with resolving supplier issues and complaints
• Able to make farm calls solo or with an advisory in tandem
• Bachelor’s degree in agricultural business or economics preferred or equivalent experience
• CCA designation or ability to acquire
• 3-5 years related agricultural and merchandising experience
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships
If you are interested in working for a growing company, we would love to hear from you! Please forward your resume with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BroadGrain welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.