Sr. Analyst- Treasury and Risk Management - Toronto, ON
This position is based in Toronto and will further support the increasing functionality demands within our Finance Department, and we are therefore searching for an independent, self-starter to join the team. Reporting to the VP, Risk Management and Treasury, and working closely with other senior finance staff, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting various treasury and risk management-related activities including:
· Cash management: directing fund transfers, reviewing and approving transfer requests, opening new bank accounts, setting up trading accounts, upkeep of administrative requirements for all bank accounts.
· Reporting: oversee production of various treasury reports.
· Financing: assist with management of corporate credit facilities, support structured trade transactional financing.
· Credit: assist with management of credit insurance policy and related operations, and assist with reporting and controls on trade credit.
· Corporate matters: work with finance, accounting, human resources and legal team to support general corporate activities such as opening and managing foreign subsidiaries, supporting operations in setting up new business flows, tracking and evaluating capital usage across the organization, etc…
· General: work with team members on various special projects in support of the continued growth of the company.
Risk Management Functions
· Reporting: oversee preparation of risk management reports, accounting for derivatives and liaison with the accounting department to ensure accurate figures for derivatives and contract mark-to-market.
· Analysis: analyze risk exposures and hedging practices to ensure compliance with hedging policies, identify improvements in risk management approach.
· Management: act as back-up resource for other members of the risk management team.
· Trade support: assisting physical traders in analyzing and understanding various product positions with mark to market implications.
· Support the VP’s role in implementing and maintaining a new ERP system (EKA, along with integration with Great Plains), including documenting processes, testing, training staff and continuous improvement of the system.
· Work with other members of the team to maintain the company’s standard operating procedures documentation.
· Other ad hoc projects.
Key qualifications would include
· 5 years advanced pertinent finance experience with a focus on commodities, preferably in an environment with time sensitive activities.
· Experience in or exposure to AML compliance an asset.
· Solid ability to understand underlying business flow and identify transactional risks.
· Good understanding of derivatives.
· High degree of attention to detail and diligence in work.
· Sense of urgency in completing tasks.
· Strong Excel aptitude.
· Ability to meet changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, multi-task and meet intra-day and longer term deadlines.
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to comfortably interact with all levels within the organization and with external parties.
· University degree in finance or related discipline.
We offer a competitive compensation package and group RRSP. If you are interested in progressing with a dynamic company offering career advancement opportunity, please forward your resume and salary expectations, detailing “Manager, Treasury and Risk Management” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BroadGrain welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.