Supply Chain Planner- Toronto, ON
The Supply Chain Management department is looking for a highly-motivated, self-starter for the role of Supply Chain Planner. This role is responsible for assisting end-to-end supply chain management of the procurement of goods, contract records, services and related activities, with a keen focus on inventory management. This role works closely with various stakeholders: Trade, Procurement, Logistics, Accounting, Processing Facilities and multiple vendors. The incumbent will gain a detailed understanding of the entire supply chain within the global agricultural trading industry reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Supply Chain in the company’s head office in Toronto.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Coordination of schedules with each of our processing facilities, ensuring that contracts are planned well in advance, and facilities have all of the implements required to fulfill orders (e.g. product, bags etc.). This will require excellent internal communication with trade and logistics groups, as well as with external service providers.
- Negotiate freight rates with ocean container carriers, rail carriers, over-the-road carriers and other vendors involved in the supply chain, to ensure we have the best position on rates possible.
- Reconcile inventory at owned and third party locations, and develop plans for turning over inventory as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Manage the data integrity of inventory orders within the company software systems, which track and monitor all inbound and outbound shipping requests. This would include setting up new orders, tailoring existing orders/movements, running ad hoc reports. This requires strong technical skills and a reliance on monitoring in order to continuously improve the system’s functionality and to troubleshoot problems.
- Investigate all expected costs associated to a trade, ensuring that the planned execution of the trade is within or below the expected costs.
- Liaise with trade and logistics management to ensure all costs are updated in matrices that are accessible to all teams.
- Undertake special projects and/or the implementation of strategic initiatives for the company.
- Provide support on strategic projects that will enhance the existing business model using a sound understanding of the freight, logistics and agricultural industries.
Key qualifications would include
- Ability to meet changing priorities in a fast-paced environment , multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, external suppliers, and customers in a professional, objective manner
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Creative problem solver with experience in process analysis
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Post-secondary education or related certificate program
We offer a competitive compensation package and group RRSP. If you are interested in progressing with a dynamic company offering career advancement opportunity, please forward your resume and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
BroadGrain welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.